Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tours, tours and more tours!

I really had a fun time watching the tours that others made - it helped me realize more of the cool things one could use the tool for. I was able to go through Daren's tour of religious buildings, Lauryn's tour of communities and Kellie's tour of volcanos. Each used the same tool to do very different things!
Google Earth will be a great tool to use in my classroom as it allows further exploration into the topics studied in class. Not only will they hear the facts that I teach, but they will be able to gather facts for themselves as they look at pictures, the terrain, etc. and they facts that others have posted in reation to the location. It will also help the children remember what they are learning. Espcially for visual learners like myself, a picture helps me learn the information, and especially helps me when I need to recall the information. The only problems with using Google Earth are that in some situations, not all of the children have the ability to see the tour (whether it be that there is not a projector to make it big enough or not enough computers for all to see it on). Also, if students are taking the tour by themselves, it will take time to instruct them on how to use this tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment