Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Web 2.0

In completing the web communications project, I was able to exponentially increase my knowledge of the workings of the internet. It opened up tools that I had never even heard of and not only did I learn things that I needed for the project, but it opened up whole new worlds for me that I can explore and continue to learn about. I believe the most important thing I learned was RSS and how to use it. Too many times I have wanted to allow others quick access to things i do and have never been able to. It is an important tool and will be especially important for my future classroom as I give students assignments on the computer. (Not too mention the definition/meaning of RSS was one of the rare things that I was able to say I knew about technology that my husband
didn't)
My favorite new tool, and also a very important one, was picnik for editing photos. I have always wanted to know what to use to edit photos and be able to use cool effects, but have never known how. Now it is a tool I will use all the time!

1 comment:

  1. very good - that is always nice when you can teach your spouse something :-) - charles

    ReplyDelete